Wednesday, October 03, 2007

color coordination

Lately I've been consumed by thoughts of colors, aesthetics, fashion, inspiring music, art and photography, entertaining, cooking, ambiance, decor, graphics, composition, etc. And every idea eventually becomes entwined in a never-ending project at brew in my brain.

On Tuesday, I tossed aside our typical cold-cereal-for-dinner plans and whipped up a meal based on my current stream of thought.

The result:We dined on butternut squash soup with fresh ginger, garlic, orange juice and cracked black pepper; crusty garlic-rubbed bread; and a tangy green salad with mandarin oranges, candied almonds and apple cider vinaigrette. Bright bursts of red and yellow allured us to the table while Feist serenaded. And BETHANY! was there.

Then, after pulling my grandmother's fabulous dishes out of the cupboard, I was inspired to start a new project...

So far:
I'll keep you posted.

Print Page

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Everything looks delicious! I need that soup recipe, I recently discovered butternut squash ravioli and realized I Love It! Email it to me sometime if it is easy.

Andrea Hatch said...

That sounds so delicious. Especially the soup...my mouth is watering. And all your colorful plates and settings look beautiful.