Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dad using his manipulation tactics

I never thought of my dad as a manipulator; I've always considered him the manipulated ("Daddy, please, isn't this so cute? Wouldn't I look great in a new dress? I need this dress, p-lease!")

I'm having second thoughts, though, after my recent surprise trip to Colorado. My dad, grandpa and I drove to the mountain behind our house to watch the sunset. Doesn't get much better than this, right? And yes, dad, Colorado is the most beautiful place ever - you don't see sunsets like this everyday. I totally agree with you. You're completely right, it is great to drive into the mountains and feel like it's just you and mother nature. Yes, I do miss it. But I Must. Be. Strong. I have to go back to Washington where my house, belongings and husband currently reside.

You had some good ammo, dad, but you forget who you're dealing with here!

No comments: