Wednesday, January 02, 2008

St. Elsewhere

After nearly two weeks of holiday vacationing (read: eating), I'm back (at least in bloated body). My spirit is still lost in hazy post-holiday bliss. I hope you're recovering better than me.

I didn't make any resolutions (in fact, I didn't even make it through New Year's -- more on that later). Rest assured that many pictures (of me? Duh!), re-caps, tidbits, paragraphs, musings, witty diatribes, etc. are on the way.


For now, why don't you mosey over to the sidebar and take my survey?
I'm officially relinquishing control to you, dear reader.


In lieu of official resolutions (at least for now), I'm heeding this wise wisdom:

"This Christmas, mend a quarrel.
Seek out a forgotten friend.
Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust.
Write a letter.
Give a soft answer.
Encourage youth.
Manifest your loyalty in word and deed.
Keep a promise.
Forgo a grudge.
Forgive an enemy.
Apologize.
Try to understand.
Examine your demands on others.
Think first of someone else.
Be kind.
Be gentle.
Laugh a little more.
Express your gratitude.
Welcome a stranger.
Gladden the heart of a child.
Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.
Speak your love and then speak it again.
Christmas is a celebration,
and there is no celebration that compares
with the realization of its true meaning
--with the sudden stirring of the heart
that has extended itself unselfishly in the things that matter most."
-Howard W. Hunter
Merry 2008!

Print Page


1 comment:

kari and kijsa said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for all the wonderful words on our blog...

Hope you have a wonderful 2008!

smiles, kari and kijsa