Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Favorites: Serious Arguments

One of the most memorable Wickstrom fights happened during our second year of marriage. We lived in a basement shoebox (spiders, mouse, flooding toilets – it was bad!) and my feet froze on a regular basis. Being a smart woman, I would slip on a cozy pair of socks – problem solved.

Only socks didn’t coordinate with my typical outfit.


When I’m lounging around home, I insist on comfort, which is why you’ll never see me hanging out in my Sunday dress after church. And why a knock at my front door sends me running to my bedroom wallowing, “Just a minute!” as I scrounge for a pair of pants.


My typical outfit consists of undergarments and one of Chris’ comfy oversized t-shirts.

And socks.

Although comfortable, Chris would be the first to declare the outfit 100 percent
un-sexy.

Rewind to the night of
THE fight. We were obviously arguing about something important (Becky, the bed-making Nazi? shoe purchases? dryer lint?) when Chris lost it. He yelled, “Besides, you’re not even wearing an entire outfit!”

“I don’t FEEL like wearing pants,”
I retorted angrily.

“I meant the socks!”


Stunned, I looked past my bare legs to my uncharacteristically bare feet. I peeked up at Chris, his eyes tearing as he stifled a smile, and then crumpled to the floor, my chest heaving with laughter.

Serious arguments are definitely my favorite.

Image via flickr.

Print Page

2 comments:

Jessica F. said...

I love that story sooooo much! You are one of the funniest people I know!

Crissy said...

Becky...I seriously laugh out loud when reading your posts. I sure miss you guys and your company...never a dull moment when the Wickstroms are around huh?!

Steve and Parker and I are doing great here in Medford. This week it was nearly 70 every day and we spent a lot of time outside. We love our new place and are slowly getting ready for another baby.

Rachel also kind of kept us in the loop as to what you were doing, and then she told me you had a blog so I have been checking this for a while now...just finally commenting. I'm so excited for her and Joel as they are having a baby in July or something like that.

My pregnancy is going well and I am due on June 9th. You are too kind about my looks since I'm just a big blob right now.

By the way...I tried the homemade Samoas and they were a huge hit. Thanks for passing that one on. I wish we could be closer to you guys and partake of your creativity. I love all your theme parties.

I'll try harder to keep in touch, but at least we have the blogs right?

Love, Crissy