Monday, December 08, 2008

The 12 Dates of Christmas -- Chocolate Guffaws

Let's pretend for a second that my hot husband didn't have three gigantic papers due in a week. Let's also pretend my apartment was already decorated to the nines (or 10s? 11s?), fudge and cards were in the mail, and I had wads of cash to spoil my loved ones and acquaintances with everything on their Christmas lists.

But Heidi is right -- "Law school is a jealous mistress." And my apartment looks like a tsunami swept through, leaving Christmas jumbled on every visible surface (not in a good way).


As for the gifts, you know I can't give away Santa's secrets.


But I will divulge my original plan for a meaningful Christmas with hot husband:

The 12 Dates of Christmas
Date 1: Visit Murky Coffee (660 Pennsylvania Ave, SE, or 3211 Wilson Blvd., Arlington) for the famous "$5 Hot Chocolate," settle into a cozy corner and read David Sedaris' "Holidays on Ice" aloud.

What you'll love: straight-forward, legendary hot cocoa (only available in 12-ounce servings with NO whipped cream), hip indie ambiance and stories to remind you that you're family could be crazier. Think of all the Christmas flirting you can do while reading, giggling and coyly stirring your hot cocoa.

Cost: $
(All you need is love and about $10.)

Stay tuned for more dates!

Image via.


Print Page

3 comments:

DC Diva said...

Brilliant! Love it. I can taste the cocoa now. I anxiously await more of your great date ideas.

Rachel said...

i love your sweater, and i love david sedaris, i love hot cocoa and i love You! Can't wait until we can be reunited for holiday fun!

Holly said...

i forsee a twilight viewing as one of your dates...