Thursday, June 08, 2006

Misadventures on the Metro

chapter 11
Today I resolved to keep my Metro qualms to a minimum.


Therefore I will not complain about the 1.5 hours I spent commuting home from work last night. I won’t dwell on the fact that I live only 5.1 miles away from my place of employment, which
Google Maps estimates as 12 minutes of travel time. I’m going to focus on the extra 40 pages of my book I read while waiting for a train instead of the five too-crowded-to-move trains that passed before I could board. I am skipping the opportunity to rant about how my bum was nearly squished by the closing doors because so many people were crammed into the train (I was wearing white pants). I’ll even pass over the lady whose bag kept poking me in, well, a not so nice area as I rode wedged between her and another gentleman.

So I guess I have nothing to write about.

No comments: